- All kits, fabric, thread and supplies will be provided for the retreat.
- Classes begin at 8:45 am and go until 5:00 pm.
- On the last day of the retreat we finish at 1:00 pm after lunch so an outgoing flight after 3:00 pm gives you plenty of time to make your flight.
- The HQ Pro-Stitcher classes are taught on the latest version of Pro-Stitcher on the HQ Amara with HQ Pro-Stitcher, one person to a machine.
- The basic longarm classes are taught on the HQ Amara with one person to a machine.
If you have any questions please email us at HQcares@handiquilter.com or call us at 1-877-697-8458, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm Mountain Time.
We’re looking forward to having you here in our beautiful Handi Quilter Studio and wish you a safe journey to Salt Lake City, Utah.
Join us for a great overview of HQ Pro-Stitcher, including how to start, open and save designs, navigate menus, and quilt out the designs. You’ll delve into Areas and how to fit designs using Skew and Align. You’ll learn how to Repeat, Resize, and Rotate designs, and finally how to Crop and Reposition designs. With this introduction, you’ll be prepared for the additional, more in-depth operations with Pro-Stitcher.
Longarm Basic Retreat
Get to know your longarm Handi Quilter quilting machine. We will cover: cleaning, maintaining, threading, tensioning, loading a quilt, basting, and spend some time having fun with some basic free-motion continuous line designs and using rulers and templates. If you use the HQ Amara, HQ Forte, HQ Avanté, HQ Infinity, HQ Fusion, HQ Simply Sixteen, or HQ Sixteen, this retreat is for you.
Plan your travel to arrive at the Salt Lake Int’l Airport the evening before the retreat begins. Meet the shuttle at 8:30 am in the lobby of Country Inn and Suites 999 North 500 West, Bountiful, Utah, or be at Handi Quilter 501 North 400 West, North Salt Lake 84054 by 8:45 am each morning. If you are driving and using a GPS be sure to put NORTH Salt Lake for the city. Please call us if you need help with directions 877-697-8458.
Country Inn and Suites, 999 North 500 West, Bountiful, Utah
- Phone 801-292-8100
- Website www.countryinns.com/bountiful
- Please make your hotel reservations at the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson in Bountiful, UT. Their phone number is 801.292.8100. Handi Quilter has negotiated a room rate of $94/day plus tax, that includes round trip shuttles from the airport. You must call directly and ask to be included in the Handi Quilter block. If they tell you that they are sold out then you may ask for the Manager, who will be able to assist you.
- If you book outside of the Handi Quilter block (for instance, you find a lower rate on a third-party reservation website), the hotel will charge you $5.00 per trip for ground transportation (which could be up to $20 a day).
Airport Shuttle Information
- Ground transportation will be provided while you are here. The shuttle will depart at 8:30 a.m.
- As soon as you have landed and before you pick up your baggage, please call the hotel at 801.292.8100 to let them know that you have arrived and will need the shuttle. They will explain where they will pick you up. They will ask what airline you flew in on. This will help them determine what terminal you are in.
- Airport Shuttle – There is no charge for the shuttle to and from the airport, as long as you book in the Handi Quilter group rate. If you book outside of the rate there will be a $12 charge each way.
- Please reserve your airport shuttle as soon as you know your flight schedule.
- All shuttle drivers appreciate a gratuity for good service.
- The hotel hours are 7am to 11pm. You will need to contact another shuttle service if these hours do not accommodate your flights.
Other shuttle services:
- A complimentary breakfast is available at the hotel. Lunches will be catered at Handi Quilter every day.
- Each evening dinner is provided as well as a trip to a local quilt store one evening.
- If you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please email Marie Eldredge at email@example.com
- Snacks, treats, various drinks and (of course) chocolate are provided.
Items to Bring
- Jacket/sweater (in case it gets cool in the classroom)
- Comfortable shoes (you will be doing a lot of standing and quilting)
- Camera (we have beautiful quilts in our facility)
- Swimsuit Opt. (hotel has hot tub/pool)
- Plenty of space in luggage for your projects and product you may want to purchase while you’re here (We do have a shipping department in case you want to ship anything home.)
- Check or credit card for purchases
Basic Longarm Retreat
Longarm Basic – February 27-March 1, 2019
Longarm Basic – September 4-6, 2019
Pro-Stitcher Retreat – March 4-6, 2019
Pro-Stitcher Retreat – April 1-3, 2019
Pro-Stitcher Retreat – September 9-11, 2019
Retreat registration for September 2019 is now closed.